The cuisine of Israel - Asia
Asia Israel IL
The foods of Israel
List of Israeli dishes
• Falafel- Deep fried ball made of ground chickpeas or fava beans
• Kubba bamia - Kubba made of semolina or rice and okra cooked in a tomato stew or soup
• Kubba seleq - Kubba Stew or Soup made of Beet
• Kebab - minced lamb, beef or chicken flavored with parsley or coriander, spices, nuts and date, pomegranate, tamarind or carob molasses
• Kufta - meatballs made of minced meat, spices and herbs cooked in tomato sauce, tamarind or date molasses alongside beans, peas, vegetables, etc.
• Bamia - Okra stew cooked in hot tomato, pomegranate or tamarind sauce with onions, served with meat and rice
• Skewered Goose Liver - flavored with spices.
• Tilapia - St. Peter's fish, eaten in Israel and especially in Tiberias fried or baked spices.
• Denesse - in the coastal region is baked in the oven with yogurt, tomatoes, garlic, dried mint and cucumbers, it is also fried.
• Merguez - North African spicy sausage, mainly grilled in Israel
• Moussaka - oven-baked layer dish of a ground meat and eggplant casserole
• Shakshouka - a dish of eggs poached in a sauce of tomatoes, chili peppers, and onions, often spiced with cumin
• Schnitzel - Fried chicken with breadcrumbs or flour, in the flour version the chicken can be flavored with lemon juice, turmeric, cumin, sumac, paprika and more.
• Ktzitzot Khubeza - a patty made of mallow, bulgur/bread crumbs, eggs, onion, olive oil
• Malawach - Big bread eaten with fresh grated tomato and skhug
• Hamin - variety of Shabbats stews
• Jakhnun - Pastry served at Shabbat morning with fresh grated tomato and skhug, eaten for breakfast especially in Shabbath
• Ziva - puff pastry topped with sesame seeds and filled with cheese and olives
• Mujaddara - Lentil and bulgur casserole
• Orez Shu'it - white beans cooked in a tomato stew and served on rice
• Gefilte fish - such as carp, whitefish, or pike, which is typically eaten as an appetizer. It is a dish traditionally served by Ashkenazi Jewish households.
• Burgul - cooked in many ways.
• Kishka - in Israel it is available in the frozen-food section of most supermarkets.
• Macaroni Hamin - is a traditional Sephardic Jerusalemite dish originally from the Jewish Quarter of the Old City of Jerusalem.
• Khachapuri - bread filled with eggs and cheese.
The regional cuisineAppetizer recipes coming soon
Main recipes coming soon
Side dishes recipes coming soon
Dessert recipes coming soon
Middle-Eastern - See the recipes
Appetizer recipesBasic hummus
Main recipesAvgolemono - Greek egg lemon chicken soup Barbecued pork steaks Beef strogonoff Chicken salad with couscous Chickpea stew with coconut and turmeric Chickpea-broccoli burgers Cream of pumpkin soup Endives meuniere Falafel Kale tabbouleh Minestrone with cabbage and spinach Rack of lamb with mushroom crust Red pepper bisque Scrambled eggs with caviar
Side dishes recipesOnion parmesan gratin Potato cake Potato eggplant tart Tah-dig persian saffron rice
Dessert recipesApple coffee cake
Cooking in Israel
Dessert suggestions for Israel