The cuisine of Brazil - South America
South America Brazil BR
The foods of BrazilThe cuisine and cooking methods in Brazil varies greatly from region to region but fresh meat and fish play an important role in the diet.
• Feijoada – black bean stew with smoked meats. This is a time-consuming dish and generally served to friends and family that are staying overnight. • Vatapá – a shrimp and cashew nut dish.
• Pastel de Acelgas - swiss chard and chorizo sausage tart.
• Moqueca de Peixe – a fish stew with plenty of coconut flavouring.
• Cururu de Camarao – a gumbo (stew or soup) made from shrimp and okra.
• Pizza – the Brazilians have adopted pizza as one of their own unique foods, using a variety of toppings.
• Chancaca - Glazed salmon with pineapple salsa.
Cooking in Brazil