The cuisine of Brazil -
The foods of BrazilThe cuisine and cooking methods in Brazil varies greatly from region to region but fresh meat and fish play an important role in the diet.
• Feijoada – black bean stew with smoked meats. This is a time-consuming dish and generally served to friends and family that are staying overnight. • Vatapá – a shrimp and cashew nut dish.
• Pastel de Acelgas - swiss chard and chorizo sausage tart.
• Moqueca de Peixe – a fish stew with plenty of coconut flavouring.
• Cururu de Camarao – a gumbo (stew or soup) made from shrimp and okra.
• Pizza – the Brazilians have adopted pizza as one of their own unique foods, using a variety of toppings.
• Chancaca - Glazed salmon with pineapple salsa.
Cooking in Brazil